By Christopher Buck
- CIVIL MYTHS OF the United States AND CIVIL RELIGION
- RELIGIOUS MYTHS AND VISIONS OF AMERICA
- RACIAL MYTHS AND VISIONS OF AMERICA
- TURTLE ISLAND delusion AND fantasy OF mom EARTH
- DEGANAWIDAH LEGEND
- IROQUOIS impact THESIS: delusion OR HISTORY?
- PURITAN fable OF AMERICA
- MANIFEST future MYTH
- CURSE OF HAM MYTH
- AFRICAN AMERICAN EXODUS COUNTER-MYTH
- PAPAL compliment OF AMERICA
- AMERICANIST delusion OF AMERICA
- PAPAL RESPONSES TO AMERICANIST fable OF AMERICA
- CAN AMERICANIST fable OF the United States develop into A REALITY?
- JEWISH VISIONS OF the United States AS A replicate OF JEWISH IDEOLOGIES
- JEWISH delusion OF the US AS PROMISED LAND
- JEWISH fantasy OF COLUMBUS
- JEWISH PRAYERS FOR the US: COMMUNAL VISIONS OF AMERICA
- ORTHODOX JUDAISM'S conventional PRAYER FOR GOVERNMENT
- CONSERVATIVE JUDAISM'S imaginative and prescient OF AMERICA
- REFORM JUDAISM'S imaginative and prescient OF AMERICA
- RECONSTRUCTIONIST JUDAISM'S imaginative and prescient OF AMERICA
- JEWISH AMERICANISM: CULT OF SYNTHESIS
- GARDEN OF EDEN MYTH
- LOST TRIBES fable COLUMBUS MYTH
- CONSTITUTION MYTH
- FOUNDING FATHERS MYTH
- THEODEMOCRACY MYTH
- AMERICA AS ZION MYTH
- MARK OF CAIN MYTH
- TWO-SEED MYTH
- MUD RACES MYTH
- LOST TRIBES MYTH
- WHITE native land MYTH
- RACIAL HOLY warfare MYTH
- YACUB MYTH
- MOTHER aircraft MYTH
- DESTRUCTION OF the United States MYTH
- GREAT devil MYTH
- AXIS OF EVIL COUNTER-MYTH
- EFFORTS TO DISPEL nice devil fantasy AND to lessen FALLOUT FROM AXIS OF EVIL MYTH
- SOKA GAKKAI'S delusion OF AMERICA'S moment RENAISSANCE
- ROBERT THURMAN'S delusion OF AMERICA'S moment RENAISSANCE
- DALAI LAMA'S BUDDHIST DEMOCRACY delusion AND imaginative and prescient OF AMERICA'S global ROLE
- BRIEF advent TO THE BAHA'I FAITH
- BAHA'I MYTHS AS A "SACRED heritage" OF AMERICA
- BAHA'I EMANCIPATION/CIVIL battle MYTH
- BAHA'I WILSONIAN MYTH
- BAHA'I imaginative and prescient OF future OF AMERICA
- RELIGIOUS MYTHS AND VISIONS OF the United States RECAPITULATED
- OVERVIEW OF AMERICA'S international ROLE
- FINAL REFLECTIONS: an international CIVIL RELIGION?
Read Online or Download Religious Myths and Visions of America: How Minority Faiths Redefined America's World Role PDF
Best other religions books
An interpretation of the symbolism of the Masonic resort.
In a piece of extraordinary breadth and readability, Paul Conkin deals an even-handed and in-depth examine the main American-made different types of Christianity—a various crew of spiritual traditions, each one of which displays an important holiday from western Christian orthodoxy. selecting six specific kinds, Conkin examines the main denominations consultant of every unique number of American Christianity: recovery (Churches of Christ, Disciples of Christ); humanistic (Unitarians, Universalists); apocalyptic (Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses); Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); religious (Christian technological know-how, Unity); and ecstatic (Holiness and Pentecostal denominations).
Additional resources for Religious Myths and Visions of America: How Minority Faiths Redefined America's World Role
25 As the ideology of American nationalism, Manifest Destiny reﬂected America’s belief in 36 Religious Myths and Visions of America a “providentially assigned role . . ” 29 Accordingly, the expansionist wars against Mexico in the 1840s and Spain in the 1890s were direct outcomes of this ideology translated into national policy. Manifest Destiny arose during the Revolutionary and Federalist periods, when the 13 colonies, in their quest to forge an independent union and to preserve its sense of national purpose, required an ideology that would provide a coherent rationale.
There can be no denying the fact, however, that the Curse 40 Religious Myths and Visions of America made its most harmful appearance in America, and there can be no denying the central role it played in sustaining the slave system. ” Its place in American thought of the time was succinctly described in 1862 by Alexander Crummel, a man born in the United States to freed slaves. ” 50 Proslavery ideologues saw slaves as depraved by nature, since Ham, as the ancestor of Africans, embodied the debased character that drew Noah’s wrath.
To state the obvious, they belonged exclusively to Euro-Americans, and not to the Native Americans. ” “Providence” had so decreed, it would seem. ” Let us now see how this doctrine was translated into American and world history. Mostafa Rejai, Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Miami University, Ohio, provides this clear overview across the horizons of history, in which Manifest Destiny had a direct impact on the destiny of vast territories and their peoples: Manifest destiny is going to refer, among other things, to the physical direction in which the country is going to be moving.